26 Bonas MacFarlane scholars joined our University Preparation Programme in January 2017. Each year 100% scholarships are awarded to a group of sixth formers who meet widening-participation criteria. These fully-funded places enable students to join Bonas MacFarlane’s Oxbridge and university preparation programmes.
These programmes have been designed to help sixth formers compete for places at the most challenging British universities. Run in partnership with schools, the programmes put students into classes with fellow high-performing students from across the world. Students are taught online in small classes lead by London-based Bonas MacFarlane experts. Subject enrichment is taught by academics from the leading UK universities. The online programme is reinforced by meet-up events.
Bonas MacFarlane Scholars are all outstanding sixth form students, who are expected to play a leading role on our programmes. Scholarships are awarded to students in the autumn term of the Lower Sixth.
The scholarship programme aims to:
- prepare students for applying to and studying at leading British universities;
- lead students step by step through the application process from making the right course selection to writing a strong personal statement;
- introduce students to current thinking and debates in their discipline, taking their knowledge beyond what they would encounter in the school curriculum;
- develop the critical thinking skills required for studying at university level;
- teach students how to document and self-manage their progress.